Friday, November 24, 2006

Who will deliver me?


Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression Psalm 19:13

I find my self so often doing that which I do not want to do.
Is it just me or does evey one have this problem? I do the wrong thing. I know I am doing the wrong thing. But I do not seem to be able to stop myself from doing it.
Recently I have spent time reading Larry J. Crabb's "Papa prayer" A good book and a great read. The thing that I find most appealing is the idea of rethinking my attitude toward prayer instead of seeing prayer as presenting a shopping list to God, wanting to spend time with him. To get to know him, to have his heart not my own heart.

When we spend time with him, we change, our heart changes and we gain a servant heart that sees things from a God perspective and not one based around world values and self interest.

I so want to live for Him, and I am changing because he is changing me. A work in progress and a grateful recipient of Amazing Grace.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19.14

No comments: