Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Brother David has gone home

The man known as "God's Smuggler to China " has gone to home.

He was an amazing and visionary man, who like Brother Andrew, believed that we all have a responsibility toward the suffering church. He instigated 'Project Pearl", which saw one million Bibles delivered to China on a barge in a single night!

He had a profound influence on my life. Even before I met him, simply by reading his book. I got to travel with him to China and around Australia when he spoke.

I know this much that in heaven he will rejoice with many Chinese believers who came to faith because he was faithful in bringing them the word of God

For the whole story click here

3 comments:

John said...

Phil,

Thanks for dropping by my blog and you are more than welcome to use the piece you referenced, especially since it doesn't "belong" to me! Glad to find your spot and look forward to checking in every now and then. Blessings as you continue to labor in the field.

John

Paul said...

“When I die, I want a revival and not a funeral" - let's all pray that this last wish will be fulfilled!

Thank you for posting this, Phil.

By the way, did you read the book GOD'S SMUGGLER TO CHINA? (I am a publisher, remember, so I am always interested in this... I didn't know about this biography, but read about it after clicking on the link in your post!)

Paul said...

It's a bit quiet here... Hello, are you still there, Phil? :-)
Just kidding, my friend. Hope you are OK