Friday, September 17, 2010

Launderer's soap


Haven't blogged in so lone and my life has changed so much, but now that I am a Bible college student I have decided that I need to air my views on a few things so I am back blogging again. Thought I would start by reblogging an early post.

Have you ever looked at the prophetic verse that talks about Jesus in Malachi 3:2

“But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap” (NIV).

Funny you never hear anyone talking about Christ as Launderer’s soap. Or for that matter writing songs with that theme. Try this (to tune of Refiner’s Fire):

Launderer’s soap

I’ve been such a dope

I need to Be-e scrubbed

Hung out to dry for you Lord …

Hum…maybe not!

We readily understand the concept of Refiner’s fire. The idea of refining a metal is that you heat it right up until all the impurities are ‘cooked’ out of it and only a pure metal is left. We need to understand that this is a tough process on the metal. And if that picture is us then we will need to go through a little fire in order to be refined.

But then think about the concept of Launderer’s soap. This is particularly tough and heavy soap, used for getting out the toughest grime and stains.The idea is that we may need to be scrubbed somewhat in order to be ready for service. Sometimes it may leave us red raw.

We understand that when Jesus died he paid the price for our sin. We became completely clean, when we have faith in him. What we are discussing here is the process of the ‘work in progress’ we remain until we are made complete on that day.

No comments: